Saturday, January 26, 2013

Lindsey Vonn strength

Just two months after being in the hospital with intestinal illness, Lindsey Vonn showed her strength by winning the Audi FIS Alpine Ski World Cup Women's Giant Slalom on January 26, 2013 in Maribor, Slovenia. The victory was that much sweeter because Vonn bested rival and local favorite Tina Maze by 0.08 seconds. Lindsey told AP: "In the second run I decided, OK, it's all or nothing, I had to go for it. It's been a rough year for me in GS, so it's just perfect."
Left, Tina Maze of Slovenia, center Lindsey Vonn of the US, and right Anna Fenninger of Austria who finished third, 0.57 seconds behind Vonn. Lindsey will next show her strength at the world championships in Schladming, Austria, next month.

In relationship news, Vonn finalized the divorce from her husband and former coach Thomas Vonn earlier this month after four years of marriage. The most decorated female skier in American history will continue using the Vonn surname. There is a rumor that Lindsey is now dating golfer Tiger Woods! "We are just friends," Lindsay told the Denver Post after winning her second World Cup downhill at Lake Louise, Alberta. "My brother was the ski instructor for his kids this November in Vail. Guessing that’s where [the initial report] came from."
Lindsey Vonn does some strength training. Vonn also told the Denver Post about how she recovered her strength after her illness. "I had to rebuild all the fitness I worked so hard to attain in training last summer. I had lost all my strength and endurance. It came back slowly, but I'm at a good place now. I still have to do weight training and things like that, which I've never had to do in-season before, because I'm playing catch-up."

Girls Blogs